Saturday, June 03, 2006
Xavier and Maggie dine out
Once Magdalena and I had recovered from the horrible meals we had to eat as part of the third challenge on Last Gladiator Standing, we decided we needed to get off the planet for a bit and find some decent food somewhere. Wolverine had told me about this little hole in the wall so we decided to give that a try.

As we entered Dex's, the aroma of deep-fat fried foods started my mouth salivating.

"I'm afraid french fries are my one weakness," I told Maggie as we took a small table in the corner.

"Oh?" she replied, arching an eyebrow. "What about cognac?"

"That's not a weakness, that's an indulgence."

We were approached by a large . . I'm actually at a loss for words as how to describe this creature. I'm not even sure if it's male or female. I'll let you be the judge. The waiter handed us our menus. It was written in a language I didn't recognize. We handed them back.

Feeling gutsy, I said, "Something deep fried, please."

Maggie pointed to a couple two tables over. "I'll have what that blue woman is having, please."

As the waiter waddled off, I said to Maggie, "I don't know how I made it through that last challenge."

"What are you talking about, Charles? You didn't eat a bit. Bone Grinder ate all of your food."

"Well . . that may be true. But I still had to smell it. That alone almost made me wretch. "

Maggie rolled her pretty blue eyes. "You haven't really done any of these challenges, have you?"

"Moi?" I asked with mock astonishment. "I've completed each one."

"You made Vegeta fight in the arena battle for you. You had Henchman tow you through half the bike race. Now you had Bone Grinder eat all of that horrible food. I had to eat it all myself!"

"First of all Bone Grinder volunteered to eat that food. He seemed to really enjoy it. I have a very refined palate and simply would not be able to consume such over-whelming food."

It was at that moment that the waiter brought our dishes. I looked down at my food. Under the thin crust of fired batter there was something squirming. I felt my stomach getting queasy.

"Um, I don't think mine is quite done," I said.

I looked over at Maggie and her skin was turning as blue as woman's at the table across from us. Looking at her plate I could see why. Two little green things were slithering out of an soft sac.

"You know," I started, "I think I saw a McDonald's across the street."
posted by Professor Xavier @ 12:53 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Next time ask for Dex then ask him for the human menus or the kiddies menus :P

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Wolverine said…

    C'mon Chuck Fightin' yer meal is half th' fun at Dex's Oh yeah can ya get me a big mac?

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome to McDooku's! May I take your order please.

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said…

    many a meal at dex's had been ruined when the food got a hold of my blaster. Now Dexs make me check it at the door. Something about the "Gruna-salad-sandwich" hurting a guest last week.

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Private Hudson said…

    Hey, who let you guys leave Hacknor to go to the diner?

    I'm going to have to check the rulebook on this one.

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Leia Skywalker Solo said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Dex in the City
Today's Specials
Diner Regulars
Latest Gossip
On the Menu


This blog is not affiliated with or endorsed by Lucasfilm or any other entity connected to the Star Wars franchise.